Well i have to thank the academy….and Nadege Nicoll (www.nadegenicoll.com) for nominating me for a Leibster award. Never heard of it?!? Ok, me neither but apparently it is an online award for new bloggers. I will then have to pass the torch and nominate ten new bloggers that i have found that i like. I also have to list 11 interesting things about myself, answer 11 questions created by the blogger who nominated me, and write 11 new questions to pass on to those i nominate. First i’d like to thank all the little people who helped me get to where i am today….my parents, my first grade teacher Mrs. Kushel and the people at brach’s for making jelly beans. I’d also like to point out all those who didn’t do a damn thing to get me where i am today. First, my friend Jennifer for pulling on the bow to my wrap around skirt in fourth grade and making it fall off in front of the whole class and also to Ed McMahon for making all those promises to me that he never kept…bastard!
Anyway, I digress……here are 11 interesting things about myself:
- I did have aspirations to be a stand up comedian when i was younger but I tire easily and i didn’t think I could make it as a sit down comedian.
- I can be a procrastinator. I toyed with the idea of forming a procrastinator support group for other women like me but I just never got around to it.
- I love halloween and I love candy….that is the whole reason i had kids, so I could raid their stash. My kids wanted to give up after only about 20 houses last year because it was cold and rainy and I dragged them around for another half hour so we could get more treats (yes, pitiful I know).
- I will admit to doing the pencil test. For those of you who don’t know what this is there is a test to see if you need a breast lift which entails sticking a pencil under your boobs and if it stays there, your boobs are considered saggy. Well….I found out that I could fit all of aisle four at staples under my boob and it stays there. I could have shoplifted quite the score because you couldn’t even see that there was anything underneath….and there you have it.
- My husband is a neat freak whereas I just like to go for the “illusion of clean”. When we moved in together I came to find out that he liked all the containers in the fridge facing front and the same with the canned goods in the closet. I broke him of this very quickly and when he would go to work i would call him and tell him how I was messing with all of the cans and he would panic. By the time we had the kids he had pretty much given up and now when my son spills his strawberries on the floor and proceeds to walk on them my husband doesn’t even flinch (although he has developed a slight twitch on the right side of his face…oh well).
- My brothers are extremely smart….my oldest brother is a scientist and expert on genetics and cell biology, my middle brother has worked in admissions in prestigious universities and private schools and has written a novel. I therefore blame my parents for using up all the smart genes by the time I was born….they were just flat out tapped dry. So really I had to become funny to compensate.
- I was actually a very shy child and stuck to my mother’s leg for a good portion of my childhood. She points this out and tells me that my clinging to her caused a permanent dysfunction in her leg joints and will actually try to show me that there is an “indentation” there to this day.
- I never really had a wonderful optimism about marriage…I could never picture myself living with someone and having them around all the time and not get on my nerves. Then there was a pivotal point in my relationship with my husband where i realized i could pass gas accidentally and not be judged and I thought “Hey, this marriage thing ain’t too shabby!”
- We all have the age that we always associate ourselves as. I still feel like i’m 25 on the inside and I often look at my kids and can’t believe that I could possibly be in charge of the health and welfare of two human beings. Then we go to give my kids a bath and we sit on the floor with them and when we are done, neither my husband or I can get up off of the floor without calling in a crane and we realize very quickly our true age.
- When people comment on how beautiful or adorable my kids are, it really makes me feel good inside because I helped to create them and i’m so proud. But then I realize that I tell people often how beautiful their kids are regardless of how they actually look. It’s just the polite thing to do. I mean the kid could have a hump ,three eyes and a hairy mole and i’d find some compliment to pay them. But my husband and I are convinced that when people say this to us, they really mean it!
- Seinfeld was my favorite show of all time. Everything in life can be related back to a specific seinfeld episode or scene. If I could do anything I would write a sit-com and have it be just a show about all the crazy things that happen in life but for now i’ll just write them on my blog
Here are the 11 questions that Nadege wanted to ask the nominees…
1. If you were an animal, what would it be and why? I would be a kangaroo because i like to lounge and you get to hang in your mom’s pouch while she’s out looking for food….and the pouch is a convertible so you can stick your head out the top….sweet ride.
2. What do you find is the hardest at being a parent? Not strangling my husband daily…love you honey.
3. When is the last time you laughed so much your belly ached? Yesterday and every day before that.
4. If you were given to choose a super power, what would you wish for? Invisibility because I really would like to mess with people at all times.
5. What’s your happy place? The bathroom with the lock on the door.
6. What is your most embarrassing moment? I once fell down a flight of stairs on my first day at high school and it wasn’t one of those graceful, poised, oops i have slipped and landed nicely on my bum falls….it was one of those flailing feet and arms flying, skirt rides up and i’m wearing the ugly underwear falls.
7. You can marry a famous person tomorrow: who will you choose? Steve from Blues Clues….the original guy, not that wanna be joe guy who I really didn’t like.
8. What is your favorite quote? “Friendship is like peeing on yourself; everyone can see it but only you get the warm feeling that it brings.” Lana Turner
9. What is the last thing that made you really, really angry? When I heard that hostess went belly up.
10. If you win 10 million dollars tomorrow, what would you do with it? Roll around in it.
11. What is your biggest fear? Not having a safe world for my kids do grow up in….naaahhhh just joking – it’s clowns….they are just creeeepy!
Here are my nominees:
Here are the questions i would like them to answer:
1. If you weren’t blogging about your current subject, what would you write about?
2. If you were a dessert, which one would you be and why?
3. If you could go back to any age in your life which would you go back to?
4. If you could sit and have lunch with anyone living today, who would it be?
5. What was the best part of your day today?
6. What embarasses you?
7. What is one of your biggest pet peeves?
8. If you could have any meal cooked for you what would you choose?
9. Do you remember your worst date and where did it take place?
10. What is your guilty pleasure tv show or movie?
11. How many licks does it take to get to the center of a tootsie roll tootsie pop?